Posture plays an important role in keeping you fit throughout your life. It may not seem like a big deal right now, but in the long run, posture matters as much as your heart and your eyes. Therefore, to motivate you to keep your posture under check, we have compiled 10 things that you will never be able to do in your life unless you maintain the right posture.
1.Watch your favorite movie at your favorite cinema hall – because that will require you to sit on a chair for 2 hours straight! Here is something else to think about. Going to the movies is supposed to be an opportunity to get positively distracted from all the crummy stuff you might have to deal with. You won’t have any good vibes if you feel like your back is being poked with a needle.
2. Go to Six Flags and Disney Land–Because they don’t allow people with crooked backs on the roller coasters! Also, consider this: nothing will flood your head with happy childhood memories faster than going to an amusement park. Why ruin the chance of not being able to renew those wonderful memories.
3. Trek to the top of the mountain–because that is the worst thing you can do to an aching back! A trek to the top of the mountain has nothing to do with feeling like macho-man or superwoman, well maybe a little. The main thing is that you get to experience the beauty of nature while also doing your body good—that is if you have good posture.
4. Cycle down the street with your children–because you will not be able to peddle, forget keeping up with their energy! Not to rub it in, but there are few things you can do with your kids that will not embarrass them. Cycling with them, without feeling like you have aged a hundred years, is a chance to be cool. Wouldn’t that be nice?
5. Play with your children and grandchildren–because they will run and jump and fall and grab at the same time! Even if you did not know that roughhousing with your children and grandchildren is good for their development, who would not want the joy of playing with them?
6. Play a piano or a guitar–because you will either have to stand or sit, and how do you plan to do it if you cannot even keep your back straight? Bringing the joy of music, if not the world, to your loved ones is an amazing gift to have. Don’t wreck it by not paying attention to your posture.
7. Dance like the world is not watching–because dancing requires your body to be flexible! I dare you to name one person who can remain angry while dancing. If you allow poor posture to stop you from dancing, you are missing another chance to be happy.
8. Run a marathon–because it is several kilometers and you cannot last even 100 meters, thanks to your bad posture. If you were able to run a marathon, that would automatically make you a hero to your kid. It would give them bragging rights to having the fittest mom or dad on the planet.
9. Drive a sports car–because how do you sit in the low ride and accelerate and brake quickly without hurting yourself? In other words, with bad posture you will not be able to achieve your need for speed.
10. Party all night with your friends–because that will involve a lot of drinking, dancing, and doing other random stuff, which will ultimately require strength, flexibility and agility! Okay, you may not always want to party all night. That said, you do not want to feel as if you have to replace your spine whenever you do party.
The whole point of this post was to make you aware, I hope in a fun way, of how important good posture is to having a healthier and happier life. In short, have a better understanding of the fun things you can do with good posture.
Indeed, you might have started out thinking posture is not a big deal. I hope by now that you have come to realize that having good posture is vital to participating in activities that will enrich your life and make you a more content human being.
I do not necessarily expect you to turn into a posture guru, knowing every aspects of posture. Rather, it would be helpful if you start with simple steps such as avoiding sitting in a seat that is uncomfortable, incorrectly sized or lacking support; stop looking down at your cell phone and instead hold it at eye level. You might want to invest in an elevated computer stand.
And you may also want to uncross your legs when you sit down. Yeah, I know that’s something that you’re not used to hearing. Here is the deal. Sitting with crossed legs all day can be bad news for your lower body and spine. In order to keep your spine straight when sitting, you need to line up your shoulder directly above your hips. This means uncrossing your legs and keeping your feet flat on the ground.
Move so you can enjoy the fun things you can do with good posture
Don’t lift heavy items from the floor while sitting. This is what you should do instead: Stand up to move computer equipment, brief cases and and anything else larger than a book. Also, twisting and reaching to get frequent used items such as the phone, note pad, and reference material is not such a hot idea. This is a better alternative: Place them within the normal range of motion.
Go ahead and try it—-you may just turn out to be one of those people who will come to realize the fun things you can do with good posture.
If You Like This Website Click Here To Create Your Own Website For Free
I like to hear from the readers so please leave me a comment below to let me know if this post helped you or if you have any questions
Amazon Affiliates Disclosure
Healthybacksupport.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com Certain images that appears on this site comes from Amazon Services LLC. Amazon. This content is provided ‘as is’ and is subject to change or removal at any time.